Pages

Tuesday 16 July 2013

Robin Hoods Bay


With all this beautiful sunshine we have been having, I am reminded of summer holidays when I was a kid. I don't know if its just my selected memory but summers were HOT twenty years ago and I remember family camping holidays to Cornwall (my favourite place in the world). All of this has me really desperate to go on holiday this year and spend time with Bear and D building sandcastles on the beach, eating ice cream and paddling our feet in the cold Atlantic for two weeks. However this is not to be this year so instead I must be satisfied with day trips and outings so I was very excited when Uncle Phil asked if we could take Bear to the beach!! We decided on Robin Hoods Bay as I don't think either of us could be bothered with the hustle and bustle of busy Scarborough or Whitby and i am very glad we did as it turned out to be the perfect place to take Bear on his first real trip to the sea side! It wasn't too busy and there were a few nice shops and cafes to buy souvenirs and Ice Cream and it was beautiful!
This is me with my (not so little) little brother on our way

Picturesque fishing village of Robin Hoods Bay located just south of Whitby
Phil decided he wanted to buy a boat like this one with like a roof on it and stuff
Bears very own bucket and spade
See the father and son working hard to build the best sandcastle ever? Bear went and destroyed all their hard work not long after this picture was taken, the little boy was heart broken, I was mortified and Bear thought it was the funniest thing ever!
 
Picnic Time!!
This was my favourite part we love chasing the waves!
Not the best picture but there are very few of us together
Bear with his Uncle Phil
Couldn't go to the Seaside without getting an Ice Cream...YUM!!!
Say 'ICE CREAM!!'
Our view of the Bay as we left.
Happy Tuesday x

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with you about remembering hot summers 20 (or in my case 30) years ago as a child! Really fond memories. A really nice post. (Man&Buggy Blog)

    ReplyDelete

Follow @GraceHigham22