Pages

Tuesday 11 June 2013

Strawberry and Banana Ice Lolly Recipe

Since we started shopping local, there have been a few our favourite treats that we have been unable to get from independent retailers. So I have been making them myself which has a number of benefits. Firstly I know what is in it, I know where the ingredients have come from and I know there are no additives! Secondly it's really satisfying watching Bear enjoy something I have made myself. So here is a recipe for Strawberry and Banana Ice Lollies which Bear LOVES and I know he's eating lots of yummy fresh fruit!

Strawberry and Banana Ice Lollies 



1 ripe banana (good way to use up those bananas)
1 cup chopped strawberries
1 cup milk
1/2 cup double cream
1 tbsp sugar (use a little more if the strawberries aren't too sweet)

Put all the ingredients into a jug. Blend for a minute or two. Pour into molds and stick them in the freezer for a few hours or if you don't have any of these, pour the mixture into disposable paper cups  and put in the freezer, once they have started to freeze 
(but not completely) pop a lolly stick in and leave in the freezer for a few more hours.
Enjoy!
Reviewed and approved by Bear

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @GraceHigham22